Tuesday, September 24, 2013

The Children's Corner




As you all know by now I have an incredible fascination with children's stories and fairy tales, which is why I'm on my way to becoming a children's librarian. There's something so enchanting about the worlds that authors like Roald Dahl or Dr. Seus created for young minds that I will simply never out grow. Escaping to The Hundred-Acre Woods or entering the forest in one of the Grimm's fairy tales, let me just tell you, I could sit and read (and re-read) these books for hours. I recently stumbled across old and beat up boxes of the books that consumed by childhood. Of course I couldn't help but drag them out and clean up a few of my favorites. So I'll go ahead and get started and reacquaint myself with the  characters from The Adventures of Winnie-the-Pooh, The Wind in the Willows and The Grimm Brother's Fairy Tales. What are some of your favorite books from your childhood?! 

(123)