Thursday, April 9, 2015

Spring List: Make a Berry Smoothie

As soon as it starts to get cooler and the spring and summer months roll around, you'll find me stocking up on every kind of berry there is and hoarding all the pomegranate seeds I can get. Trying to eliminate carbs from my snacking routine, I love munching on berries for snacks and desserts and mixing them with yogurt, oatmeal and waffles. Now that I own of these, I plan on making all those dogeared magazine pages of smoothie recipes I've had for years. For starters I'll give this energy boosting smoothie a try. 

    Ingredients: 

1 banana
1 cup soy milk
1 package of blueberry greek yogurt
1 cup of kale
4-5 strawberries
1 cup of blueberries
2-3 drops vanilla extract
2-3 ice cubes

(image and ingredient list by hairspray and high heels)