Wednesday, April 29, 2015

The Comic Strip




Growing up in the 90s with an older brother, the only comedy I really knew was from listening to my brother and his friends quote and reference Dave Chapelle . With the five year age gap between us and him moving and going to college, watching late night tv (and not having HBO) was not really a thing in our household, my mom only allowed television while she was cooking dinner during the week. So by the time I went to college, I completely missed out on SNL, Conan O'Brien and Stephen Colbert. In fact my first Comedy Show wasn't until my junior year of college when I saw Aziz Ansari. By the time I graduated and moved to New York with my sister, two days into our move I bought us tickets for a show at the Comic Strip. Our first Friday night in the big city included greasy pizza, second row seats at the Strip, double fisting strawberry daiquiris and walking twenty five blocks back to our apartment after the show. Needless to say, I've become quite the fan of late night television (I will see Jimmy Fallon live one day) and have a soft spot for comedians like Marc Maron, Mike Birbiglia, Daniel Tosh, Ophira Eisenberg and even though I'm two seasons into Louis C.K., he is quickly becoming a favorite! Are you a comedy fan, have a particular favorite comedian?  

(1,2,3)