Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Being Thankful

What are you thankful for this year?
 A simple and short list of a few things I'm grateful for:

1. Being close to family. For so long my siblings and I were living all over the country. We're all back in California close to my parents. It's nice being able to see each other a little more often. 

2. The kids that make up the Tween Book Club at the library. It's a tight group of eight kids who range in age from 9-12. They've made friends with each other outside the library, visit me practically every other day and make my job so much more fun than it already is. 

3. Helping my newest sister, she's from Rwanda. A few months ago, I rejoined Women for Women and I was assigned to a fifty year old women from Rwanda. She's in school and is now able to provide for her two daughters. We communicate through snail mail, send pictures and I'm kept up to date on her progress in school. She grounds me and makes me appreciate everything I have.
(image via glitter guide)