Five Things You Need to Know About Fran Drescher:
1. Wanting to pursue acting, Drescher went to Queens College but later dropped out since most acting classes were at capacity when she was a freshman. After leaving Queens College, she enrolled in cosmetology school.
2. Her screen debut was Saturday Night Fever, she had a small role as a dancer!
But we all know and love her in The Nanny :)
3. She was first runner up for "Miss New York Teenager" in 1973.
4. She wears many hats - Drescher is a comedian, actor, model, an ordained minister (?!) and activist.
5. Last year she made her debut Broadway performance in Cinderella as the the evil stepmother.
(image via the toast)