Wednesday, June 15, 2016

The Librarian Suggests

What I'm Reading: In the last few months, I've been reading a lot. Although I've been going to school to be a librarian for the last three years, I haven't had a lot of time for pleasure reading, so I'm working on getting in the habit of reading before bed. I know I'm a little late, but I'm having a moment with Marie Kondo's book, The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up. It's exactly what I needed after spending the last eight years in college and grad school. Discarding the old and reinventing my space. Even though it's a work in progress, I already feel so much better. Another book I'm way behind on is the mega hit Me Before You, at least I didn't have to wait five years for the sequel. By the end of the day, I can't wait to get in bed, settle in for the night and dive into this book. I saw the movie before I read the book, I know what a bad librarian, right?

What I'm Watching: So I saw Me Before You over the weekend with my sister and I absolutely loved it. I'm not usually one for sad romance movies (besides The Fault in Our Stars) but I love Sam Claflin and I've heard so many people talk about the book and film. In fact I've seen it twice in the last five days. Go see it and share your thoughts. And because I still have a girl crush on Greta Gerwig, I finally watched Mistress America a few days ago and although it took twenty minutes to really get into, it was an excellent movie. 

What I'm Listening too:  Drake's new album and the podcast Lore :)