Friday, June 30, 2017

The Librarian Suggests...


Most of my childhood, I wanted to be an actor. My parents were quick to tell me to have another plan as a backup, in case that didn't work out. Thankfully, my parents let me dip my toes into the industry and even though it was in theater, I absolutely loved every minute of it. From camp to after school, I always was working whether behind the scenes or front and center. From Cinderella to Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and countless others, I continued to have an interest in pursuing theater somehow. I took classes of all sorts in college including an entire semester of reading as many plays as we could. Not many people read scripts for pleasure, but if you do, I suggest checking out Dramatist Play Service and browse their impressive collection.