Thursday, January 12, 2012

Plant Something




 Growing up I never cared about gardening and despite my grandmother having a green thumb and wanting to teach me a thing or two about planting, I probably spent the time (I would have been learning about flowers and weeds) in time out for not listening and throwing a fit to get out of it. However now my room is filled with greenery and I'm actually wanting to learn how to garden, if only my grandma were around to actually see me showing interest (because there's nothing she loved more than tending to her flower-beds). There's something so therapeutic, relaxing and healthy about being outside and tending to the earth. At the moment I'm working on keeping the plants alive in my room but I hope to one day have a garden filled with wild flowers and a few lemon and tomato trees, because there's nothing better than fresh lemon and tomato.  Go green today-I'm getting a Boston Fern for my bathroom!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leading Ladies

Five Things to Know About Bernadette Marie: 1. Trained and completed two degrees, an AAS in Communication Design and BFA in Textile S...