Tuesday, May 22, 2012

New Beginnings

To make a long story short, I will quickly say all I've ever wanted was to have the library shown in Disney's Beauty and the Beast (never-mind that's like my favorite Disney film!). To be more realistic, literally since the age of about eight years old I told myself one day when I have my own place I will have one killer library. Now, by no means do I have this nice little library I'm showing above but the point of the story is I never considered turning my love of literature into a job. 

I graduated from college last year with no job in sight and honestly a little scared because I had no idea what I wanted to do with my life. All my friends had jobs in teaching, nursing and getting offers at big accounting firms and here I was fresh out of college (where you're suppose to figure out what it is you want to do with your life) with nothing.  I took a leap of faith and moved with my sister to New York for the summer. After a solid week of going into the library everyday it just came to me that I wanted to be a children's librarian. After six months of volunteering at the local (and surprisingly one of the most reputable and prestigious libraries in the country I've come to find out) library and getting into grad-school , I am beyond excited about  this new journey and where it will take me!

(image via design happens)    


2 comments:

  1. Yay! So exciting for you. I love libraries!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this story reminds me of Jess, as she quit her job years ago, and traveled through Europe for three months. Then, she got a good job in the Interior Design field, and is now changing careers to become an Elementary teacher. That is o.k. if it takes you longer than some. The point is that you are going to be happy with whatever you choose. May God be with you during this journey, and guess what? Beauty and the Beast is my favorite too. Every time I see that library, it makes me a little smarter. haha
    ~Sheri at Red Rose Alley

    ReplyDelete

Leading Ladies

Five Things to Know About Bernadette Marie: 1. Trained and completed two degrees, an AAS in Communication Design and BFA in Textile S...