Sunday, May 20, 2012

Take Me Back to England





If I haven't mentioned by now that I'm undoubtedly the biggest anglophile, well consider this your warning. I grew up having this obsession with all things British! Even at a young age I knew this couldn't be normal but I couldn't help it I was completely consumed with needing to learn everything I could on this particular country. Which would explain a lot since I went on to get a degree in British History (and if that doesn't scream nerd then I don't know what does!). Having been in one of my moods where all I can think about is wanting to escape to the English countryside, I've spent the last few evenings getting lost in a few favorite  films like The Secret Garden, Gosford Park, Brideshead Revisited, Pride and Prejudice and Shakespeare in Love (my collection of British film and television is quite extensive). Having been twice, each time I've gone I've fallen in love all over again. And sine I'll be traveling in the next couple weeks I'm secretly wishing the plane will land in London instead of Indiana!  

(images)

3 comments:

  1. oh, i love the pictures so much, the place makes u fall in love with it, no doubt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah,

    LOVE LOVE LOVE your blog. If you want to indulge your inner Anglophile, try watching the PBS mini-series Downton Abbey. Two seasons have aired, and a third one will begin in the fall. You can get Season I and II on Netflix. soooooo good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Molly! I have heard of Downton Abbey from several people and have heard it is fabulous. My mission is to watch the first two season before the third starts this fall!

      Delete

Leading Ladies

Five Things to Know About Bernadette Marie: 1. Trained and completed two degrees, an AAS in Communication Design and BFA in Textile S...