Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Christmas Tree Ornaments

One of my favorite ornaments on our Christmas tree at my parents house is one I made when I was five years old. It is a little tree made out of popsicle sticks and glitter with a school picture of me from Kindergarten. Simple, enduring and an ornament I'm sure my mom will always keep. I'm amazed the glitter hasn't fallen off or that it just hasn't broken apart for being more than twenty years old. Last week when I was picking out books to read for our Christmas Tree themed story time, I thought what a perfect craft (and gift) for my little preschoolers. As I walked around the tables showing the kids what my tree looked like, many of the parents said how adorable my tree was and how much the loved the idea of their kids making their very first Christmas ornaments. If you love this idea as much as I do, all you need is four popsicle sticks, liquid glue, loose glitter, ribbon and of course one of your favorite pictures of your kids to fit inside! 

(image via instagram)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leading Ladies

Five Things to Know About Bernadette Marie: 1. Trained and completed two degrees, an AAS in Communication Design and BFA in Textile S...