Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Girls Who Stay In



The last (and most meaningful) project I’ve been working on is actually happening and I could not be more excited to host our first event. It will still be a bit before our first event but I am really looking forward to hanging out with all the lovely and ambitious ladies that live in my hometown.
The whole idea of creating a space for women to hang out between work and going home really started steven years ago when I moved back to Palm Springs after college and living between Indiana and New York. I found myself living with my parents and trying to figure out the next step. As an introvert there was no space where I could just be quiet and read, find like-minded girls to chat with or find the right environment to foster the healthy and ambitious mindset to help me figure out my life. With a degree in History and Intercultural Studies, my only options at the time were going into education or going back to school. The latter ended up happening and this passion project went on hold for six years.

It wasn’t until two years ago when The Wing opened up in Manhattan for me to reconsider this idea of mine. There have been so many late nights going back and forth deciding whether or not I wanted to pursue Girls Who Stay In. It was only a few days ago when a flattering offer showed up in my inbox that I decided, its now or never. Ive spent the last six years really thinking how I to present this club to the women in my hometown. With time, I found someone who shared all the same crazy ideas I had and without her there’s no way I would have ever started this. She was always on the other end of the phone answering questions or presenting new ideas, even at one in the morning. She was in from moment one and I am seriously so grateful to have her as my partner.

Hey introverts – if you need a space to read, vent, share recipes, want to talk about episodes of trashy but totally heart warming reality shows or need a little motivation, follow us on social media and be checking our events page. We’re so glad to meet you! 

Always, 

Sarah 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leading Ladies

Five Things to Know About Bernadette Marie: 1. Trained and completed two degrees, an AAS in Communication Design and BFA in Textile S...