Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Two Sisters and the City

A sweet graduation gift with a lovely little note: "This is for you, Sarah. My imagination took me to a book I once read about two sisters who traveled to Europe and kept a journal. Perhaps this small gift could be a keeper of memories for you and your sister while in New York City this summer." I went out in search of this book my mothers friend made reference to in her note and to my luck, I found it! After stopping into a small independent bookstore on Madison in the Upper East Side, I explained as well as I could what Nancy wrote in my journal. The owner replied, "I think I may know exactly what she's talking about!" As the older woman stepped up onto the library ladder and back down, she came back and excitedly said, "this has to be it," and smiled at me. Later that night as I got ready for bed I curled up with the book and read it from beginning to end. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leading Ladies

Five Things to Know About Bernadette Marie: 1. Trained and completed two degrees, an AAS in Communication Design and BFA in Textile S...