Thursday, April 18, 2013

The Daily Escape

I've been a traveler most of my life. I've seen glaciers and a pod of orcas jump waves near the Alaskan coastline while aboard an Alaskan Cruise. I've stood in front of monumental viking ship in Oslo, Norway and while I cherish every experience of my travels,  one of my favorite excursions  was going to New Orleans, Louisiana. I went for the American Anthropology Association with the anthropology club I was a part of in college and we had a blast. I made it my mission to have an unforgettable trip for the three days we were in the city. From dueling piano bars singing and classmates singing happy birthday to me to stuffing my face with Cajun food and drinking alcohol in fish bowls, roaming Bourbon street and the French Quarters, not to mention standing in an hour line just to try those famous beignets, I would do anything to go back to New Orleans. Where in the world is your favorite city?!    

(image via udel)

1 comment:

  1. I am dying to get to New Orleans! As soon as I saw this image with the ironwork, the porches and the hanging my heart stopped. Can't wait to get there myself someday. And Norway and Alaska sound pretty amazing as well -- have you been to Iceland? I wouldn't say Reykjavik is my favorite city, but if you love rugged country shaped by glaciers, there may not be anywhere more desolately dramatic (that humans can still easily get to anyway!). My favorite city right now is Istanbul -- I was there for a week and it wasn't nearly enough time. Great food, beautiful sights, wonderful people, more history and culture than you can shake a stick at =)

    ReplyDelete

Leading Ladies

Five Things to Know About Bernadette Marie: 1. Trained and completed two degrees, an AAS in Communication Design and BFA in Textile S...