Thursday, June 19, 2014

Jacqueline Humphries





When in New York, the art history buff will always venture into The Guggenheim, The Met, The Museum of Modern Art and the Whitney. In all the time I've spent in New York, I have never been in the Whitney, not acceptable I know! So this last trip I spent nearly half the day on the Upper East Side in complete heaven touring the Whitney Museum. Marveling at the greats and some of my personal favorites like O'Keefe and Lichtenstein, I couldn't help but hang around the Jacquleine Humphries collection. Her work is simply mesmerizing, inspirational and makes me want to study every stroke of paint. 

(images via jacqueline humphries)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leading Ladies

Five Things to Know About Bernadette Marie: 1. Trained and completed two degrees, an AAS in Communication Design and BFA in Textile S...