Thursday, July 31, 2014

Do It Yourself Facial

If there's one thing I inherited from my maternal grandmother, it was the art of pampering. My grandmother was the queen of makeup, creams, nail lacquer and having the latest and greatest beauty items. Growing up playing in her bathroom drawers while she was cooking dinner, I've grown up to become exactly like her. And if I could afford to hit the spas on a weekly basis, oh believe me when I say I would be having massages and facials all day long. But until then, I am all about do it yourself routines. This Berry Yogurt Mask is one I have yet to try but sounds fantastic :) 

Step 1

In a blender, combine 2 tablespoons plain yogurt and 2 tablespoons honey, and pulse until fully combined.

Step 2

Add 1/4 cup mixed berries, pureeing until smooth, then add 1 tablespoon lemon juice.

Step 3

Using your hands, apply mixture to a clean, dry face. Let mask sit 10 to 15 minutes, then rinse face thoroughly with warm water and pat dry.
Age Avengers
Blackberries deliver even more antioxidants than blueberries do.

Main Squeeze
The vitamin C and natural enzymes in fresh citrus help brighten the skin.

The Bee's Knees
A mild antiseptic, honey gently exfoliates, promotes tissue growth, and seals in moisture.

 (image via parent pretty, steps via whole living)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leading Ladies

Five Things to Know About Bernadette Marie: 1. Trained and completed two degrees, an AAS in Communication Design and BFA in Textile S...