Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Girl Talk

 


In hopes of getting a little more personal with my readers, (over the last four years of writing this blog) I’ve slowly opened up about my own life, nervous and a little unsure if it’s the right thing to do. In the world of blogs, I often come across sites with glossy pages, endless wish-lists of the latest beauty buys, the best shoes for summer and the perfect LBD as well as a handful of talented writers. However, behind that perfect layout (because they all catch our eye and you can’t help to check it out), I constantly question the reality behind some of my favorite blogs and bloggers!! Are these people really who they say they are, and their lives, are they really that fabulous?  I’ve had the pleasure to meet a few bloggers, some who are truly awesome women and genuine about their product and content. I have also met others who have unfortunately disappointed me, the blog goes straight to their head. It is one thing to be proud of your success but it’s quite another when you become arrogant and or fake.
Here, at Sit and Stay A While, I want my readers to know who I really am. I try to be real, honest and genuine with my content, I put my heart and soul into all my work. Being the passionate and enthusiastic person I am, when I graduated college I really wanted to create a safe space, a forum to discuss important (and maybe not so important) topics that revolve around what it means to be a modern woman in the most casual and comfortable way possible. With a degree in general history, women’s history and anthropology, I love the idea of creating table discussion with all of you.  Having been in the blogging game for nearly four years, I find that the more intimate and relatable writers engage more and create a very trusting dialogue and relationship with their audience. So in an effort to get know each other a little better, I want to start this hopeful series about being truthful and having a place for girl talk. So please, feel free to email or message me here or in social media, about what kind of things you would like to see here on my blog in Girl Talk. Our next discussion is all about the relationship you have with yourself  :)

(1, 2, 3)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leading Ladies

Five Things to Know About Bernadette Marie: 1. Trained and completed two degrees, an AAS in Communication Design and BFA in Textile S...