Sunday, September 7, 2014

The City





Last week I took to Pinterest in a mad search for inspiration on diorama building. With the ocean floor I created for the Summer Reading Program (and it being a hit), my mood for do-it-yourself projects and creativity is in full force, I'm anxious to make something new for the kids to look at. I figured  'Back to School' scenes would be appropriate and fun to  scatter around the Children's Room at the library. During my pursuit, I came across one of these amazingly intricate designs by the artist, Lori Nix. I was completely transfixed by the detail and precision of the models and had to find out more about her. The Kansas native has a love for climatic disaster which inspired Accidentally Kansas and a small obsession with the Apocalypse led to The City. These photos above are a few of my favorites from her city designs. With a degree in Ceramics and Photography, Nix explains her desire was to construct the image rather than find an existing image. Go to her page and be amazed at this incredible talent!     

(images via lori nix)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leading Ladies

Five Things to Know About Bernadette Marie: 1. Trained and completed two degrees, an AAS in Communication Design and BFA in Textile S...