Tuesday, February 3, 2015

The Librarian Suggests

Good morning my awesome readers and Happy February. This year is already going by way to fast, I want everything to slow way down, well maybe we can fast forward through school with all the long nights and weekends I dedicate to studying. As if I have much time for pleasure reading and staying up to date with what's going on in the world of books, I am loving the second installment of Lucy Knisley's travelogue series, Displacement. I save the last fifteen minutes I have right before I hit the sheets to read something entertaining so I can sleep soundly and not worry about nightmares of missing deadlines or getting a nasty email from a professor. And after visiting the San Diego Library twice last month, I couldn't help but snag this perfectly illustrated book of New York, the writer and illustrator is fantastic. I'm already saving up to buy a few of a his prints for myself and my sister. 
Although her music may not be mainstream here in the states, I was more than ecstatic with my intimate and up close encounter with the Singer/Songwriter Brooke Fraser. I'm always a little weary when it comes to live venues but Brooke proved to be a true artist. I can now happily cross off one bucket list singer :) If you have no idea who she is, check out her music on her site

(image via the berry) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leading Ladies

Five Things to Know About Bernadette Marie: 1. Trained and completed two degrees, an AAS in Communication Design and BFA in Textile S...