Tuesday, December 15, 2015

The Librarian Suggests

What I'm Reading:  My lunch break usually consists of a quick snack and browsing the selection of books at the small and dusty book nook inside the library. Usually whatever is crammed on the library cart runs for about 50 cents. The Girls Guide to Hunting and Fishing by Melissa Bank just happened to be on the 50 cent cart so I quickly snatched it up. Six months later, I started seeing this book appear on book lists everywhere, it was a true treasure. A dazzling and enduring combination of short stories about one young girl, Jane Rosenal, The Girls Guide to Hunting and Fishing tells a story of what it is like being a young woman in American society and culture today. I love, love, love this book. I also just started the first book in the history mystery series, The Wollstonecraft Detective Agency by Jordan Stratford. I saw this tween book months ago while going through lists of books to add to our juvenile collection at the library. Being a nerd for anything Ada Byron and Mary Shelley, I couldn't help but get it for myself. It's the perfect read for anyone who loves history and 19th century London.   

What I'm Listening to: It's a no brainer, Serial Season 2. For every time Sarah Koenig has announced that people will be disappointed with season two, I just shake my head. I can't wait for the season to unfold!!!  

What I'm watching: I'm about four episodes into Jessica Jones and I'm really enjoying it. I love Krysten Ritter, she always portrays as a quirky character in television and romantic comedies like Lucy in Gilmore Girls, Suze in Confessions of a Shopaholic and Chloe in Don't Trust the Bitch in Apartment 23. So I like that she's taken on a bad-ass character in the newest Netflix original television series.

(image via thou swell)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leading Ladies

Five Things to Know About Bernadette Marie: 1. Trained and completed two degrees, an AAS in Communication Design and BFA in Textile S...