Wednesday, September 28, 2016

What I Eat Every Morning

I'm always thinking about what I eat. I have a serious and complicated relationship with food, it's always good (because I literally love everything, I can count on one hand how many things I don't like to eat) but sometimes it's bad. As an undergraduate and grad student, stress, late night writing assignments and food always went together, which of course is not the greatest combination. I've gained weight and lost weight a few times, it seems to be a viscous cycle. As a millennial woman, my diet and what I should look is something I think about daily, even hourly and it's so annoying. I just want to enjoy good food and still be healthy. When I first started reading Cooking Light magazine, I loved everything about their recipes and the way they structure their meals and diet plans. And even though they call it a diet, it's not. It teaches you to eat well balance meals and how to cook what's in season. So instead of doing what I usually do, lose weight as fast as I can (I once lost thirty-five pounds in four months), I'm choosing to spend my time learning how to meal prep well balance meals (instead of leaving work and finding something quick and note healthy) and go to food markets and shop for what's in season. I've been eating a ton of broccoli, apples, figs and radishes lately. I recently found this Mediterranean Egg dish, it is so good and filling. My favorite, I substitute the basil for spinach and add a sprinkle of basil, it makes a big difference. I've been eating it every morning  for a month now!!!

Ingridents and Recipe
Whisk together 1 large egg, 2 egg whites, 3 quartered cherry tomatoes, 1/2 teaspoon fresh basil and dash salt. Scramble in skillet coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with 2 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leading Ladies

Five Things to Know About Bernadette Marie: 1. Trained and completed two degrees, an AAS in Communication Design and BFA in Textile S...