Thursday, January 5, 2017

Day I

It's only a few days into the new year and everyone around me is talking about their resolutions. Since I'm focusing on an intention rather than a list of things I want to fix about myself, I'm happy with my year long goal of regaining strength, and I mean in every sense of the word. So if you're ditching the whole resolution idea, join me in another year of January's 31 Day Challenge. As someone who is constantly trying to lose weight, this always seems to be something I want to change every year. My problem, I always force myself to do something I don't like, like going to the gym. Find another way to reach your goal, if you prefer swimming, going for a walk or playing tennis as your form of exercise, do what you like.

I'm not ready to start hiking the trail next to my apartment complex but I'm down for a brisk walk! Download a podcast and walk for 10,000-13,000 steps a day. It’s the same amount of time you’d spend in the gym, but it’s a method of transportation! When I lived in New York, I never used taxi's or the subway, unless I was in a hurry. I walked everywhere I went and lost twelve pounds in a few months just from walking. And the best part, it's free!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leading Ladies

Five Things to Know About Bernadette Marie: 1. Trained and completed two degrees, an AAS in Communication Design and BFA in Textile S...