Five Things You Need to Know About Layale Chaker:
1. With degrees in Musical Studies at Columbia University, The Royal Academy of Music in London and the Conservatoire de Paris-CRR, she is currently working towards a doctoral degree at Ecole des Hautes Etudes in Paris.
2. At the age of eight she started training as a pianist and took voice lessons but soon fell in love with the violin.
3. With her partner in 'Sadeem' ( a violin-quanun duet) Christine Zayed, their music explores contemporary music, baroque, Jazz and Arabic Maqam.
4. Her compositions range in in variety of musical forms like chamber music, symphony orchestra, string orchestra, electronics as well as several pieces for dance and the film industry.
5. This was the first song I listened too that got me hooked, take a listen and tell me what you think.