Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Going to the Annual Halloween Bazaar

One my favorite festivities around Halloween were all the bazaars and festivals that surrounded my most favorite holiday. Growing up in a small community,  the annual fall bazaar  was a particular big event and not just for the Catholics but you better believe everyone in town showed up to the St. Joan of Arc Bazaar.   Everyone was out and ready to celebrate the autumn season, attend a great festival and getting ready for Halloween. Despite it being organized by the local catholic church, I'm pretty sure everyone in town came at least one of the two nights full of activities. My family was always in charge of the goldfish booth, after all the fish my sister and I would win I could tell my parents weren't always thrilled to bring home fish, especially when we had one that lived well over a year! Oh, the memories of the October Bazaar, how I miss getting in the mood for a night of obscene amount of cotton candy and caramel apples, prizes like stuffed animals, taking home goldfish and naming them silly names, dunking parents and teachers in the dunk tank and staying up way too late for an eight year old. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leading Ladies

Five Things to Know About Bernadette Marie: 1. Trained and completed two degrees, an AAS in Communication Design and BFA in Textile S...