Tuesday, November 6, 2012

To Be A Bridesmaid





 So my very best friend is getting married in April and I can't even believe it, where has the time gone?! I don't even know where to begin but the memories with this particular human being are infinite, there are happy memories, sad memories, memories where I'm sure we could have killed each other... well I guess it would be more accurate to say we acted like sisters. You see we lived on the same street growing up and when we made it to the other's house our mother's would wave at each other as a way of saying yea, she made it- because by that time we had already scurried into the house to find scary movies (that were actually too scary to watch) to watch, play ridiculous games or blast the Spice Girls, dress up and dance til our tired little legs gave out.  
Now that we're responsible twenty years old and getting married, experiencing big changes and doing other grown-up things, I'm not going to lie I teared up when she asked me to be a bridesmaid. I couldn't tell you if they were tears of joy or tears of knowing Sarah and Chanel's wild escapades were slowly coming to a close, but it hit me like a ton of bricks we're not those little girls any more we're grown up twenty years old who are creating new and big girl experiences. And no matter what situation we get ourselves in, we're the defintion of what a true friendship means, I love my Chanel and I'm so excited for her big day.
Anyways, Amsale is the brand my friend chose for the bridesmaids dresses. Our dress is actually the dress in the middle image and it is going to be in a truffle color, I'm telling you it's the prettiest bridesmaid dress I've ever seen. My friend also has impeccable taste, obviously! 
Simply gorgeous!

(image via amsale

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leading Ladies

Five Things to Know About Bernadette Marie: 1. Trained and completed two degrees, an AAS in Communication Design and BFA in Textile S...