Thursday, January 23, 2014

Get to Know Your Town

People fall into the habit of eating at chain restaurants, sleeping at well established hotels and shopping big retail companies for the comfort of knowing what to expect from the brand. But the beauty of a town is there are places that run on a more intimate level; they are more familial, comforting and friendly to their patrons. I've always been an advocate of shopping organically and locally and when the Small Business Saturday movement was recognized this past November, I made more of an effort to do just that, shop locally more often. Palm Springs, California thrives on many things from the golf courses, country clubs, the tennis gardens, modernism week, the film festival as well as the many boutique hotels that the small town is made up of. Every year in the winter, Palm Springs hosts the Walk of the Inns, and every year I forget to add it to my calendar of events. This time around I won't forget. Walking from Inn to Inn, is a piece of local history and I'm particularly excited because I will NOT forget about it this year. even if it's an entire year away. 

(image via foursquare)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leading Ladies

Five Things to Know About Bernadette Marie: 1. Trained and completed two degrees, an AAS in Communication Design and BFA in Textile S...