Saturday, July 26, 2014

Saturday Happy





Going to the water park was a big treat for us growing up. Living in a small and rural community that meant driving an hour and half to Palm Springs and hitting up Knott's Soak City during the summer. I could handle most of the rides like relaxing and tanning on inner tubes down the lazy river and running back to the top to go down the winding and twisting slides over and over. There was one particular slide I just couldn't push myself to try. Once I got a little older and finally had the courage to go down that tall and intimidating slide, I wanted to go again and again. 
This artist, photographer Krista Long wanted to capture a particular moment for her I Love Summer photo series. You know that moment when flying out of the slide and catapulting into the air before hitting the water? She wanted to catch that frame!  Do you remember if you would purposely make a funny pose or did you just go with the flow?! I'm so curious to know! Here are a few of the images she pinned to her summer series :) So what's making you happy this week?
   
(images via my modern met)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leading Ladies

Five Things to Know About Bernadette Marie: 1. Trained and completed two degrees, an AAS in Communication Design and BFA in Textile S...