Sunday, July 13, 2014

Books and Snacks

What is your favorite classic read? 
To a voracious reader, asking someone what their favorite book is, is not only upsetting but nearly impossible to answer. You'll get a response of at least ten books and even at that point, you will go back and forth ranking those top ten. That is why I got a bit more specific and want to know the classics you've perhaps read more than once? While they are many great works, there has to be one that really just stands out to you. For me, it is The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald. I loved imagining the detail in the grand estate that was Gatsby's home. And I dreamed about the beautiful and gold fringed dresses (you see the '20s are my favorite decade, all the more reason to love Fitzgerald's work), long gloves, affairs and handsome and perfectly suited men with jazz music playing in the background. It was not only the first book I read and hated the ending, it was the first novel I fell in love with really analyzing character development and only wished I could pick at Fitzgerald's brain. I was used to reading happy endings. Up until high school I was reading and rereading Harry Potter, good conquers evil and being introduced to chick-lit, translation: male lead comes and sweeps girl off her feet to happily ever after! The Great Gatsby will forever be my favorite and the only book that stands at being read 11 times. Sure Daisy leads a miserable life but I will still never get over the fact she basically get away with murder!!! 

What's your favorite snack food? 
I love a good Mediterranean plate! An assortment of feta, nuts, olives, cucumbers, red peppers and hummus is the closest thing you get to something tasty, flavorful, not too fatty and filling. You can seriously never go wrong with this dish! 


Silver or Gold? 
While I've certainly gone back and forth throughout the years, I always seem to come back to gold. Going to an affluent public high school where Tiffany bracelets seemed to dangle around every girl's wrist, silver was certainly the color to wear . However, once I started college I quickly transitioned back to gold. There's something classy and strong about gold, and the fact it just looks more natural and becoming with my pinkish tan skin (really rose gold goes better with my skin tone). What about what you, which do you prefer? 

(photo via daniella marie)

1 comment:

  1. I'm with you on getting a sense of dilema deciding what my favorite book is! I'll have to say mine is Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen. And believe it or not, I havent fully read it more than once--I've gone back to reread bit here and there. Of course I have other favorites that have hit me and stick with me (Eat Pray Love, Disgrace, The Great Gatsby, The Lovely Bones), but nothing will have my love like Pride and Prejudice does. Call me a girl. Call me cliche. I dont care ;)

    ReplyDelete

Leading Ladies

Five Things to Know About Bernadette Marie: 1. Trained and completed two degrees, an AAS in Communication Design and BFA in Textile S...