Thursday, October 2, 2014

Pesto Pizza Grilled Cheese



Starting a new job can be exhausting. By the end of the work day I'm ready to hit the sheets as soon as I walk through the front door. When it comes to dinner and lunch, I try to make things in advance so when I get home I can relax for a bit. In a mad search to find quick meals on Pinterest and cook books, I'm constantly looking for easy to make recipes. Being the pesto queen that I am, my guy sent this blog post the other week, I seriously cannot wait to try this out. 

Ingredients: 

8 slices sourdough
⅓ c. pesto
3 oz. pepperoni
4 Roma or Campari tomatoes, sliced
10 slices mozzarella cheese

Instructions: 
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.

For each sandwich, spread pesto on both slices of bread, and place a slice of cheese on each slice. Evenly arrange pepperoni over the cheese on one slice of bread and tomato slices over the other.

Place ½ slice of cheese over the pepperoni, and place open sandwiches directly on the oven rack in the preheated oven. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bread is toasted.

Carefully remove sandwiches from the oven, put the sides together, slice in half, and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leading Ladies

Five Things to Know About Bernadette Marie: 1. Trained and completed two degrees, an AAS in Communication Design and BFA in Textile S...