Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Browned Butter Butternut Squash Pasta

This time of year, I crave comfort food. All I want is a second serving of turkey and muffins for breakfast, my aunt's cranberry sauce, my mom's excellent mashed potatoes and my personal favorite my grandmother's pumpkin pie. This year, I'm open to trying a few new recipes I've come across lately, this Butternut Squash Pasta looks fantastic!! 


Ingredients:

1 stick of butter

Fresh sage leaves

1/2 cup chopped walnuts

1 tbsp minced garlic

1 large butternut squash, cubed

1/2 cup fresh grated parmesan 

Pepper

1 lb pasta 

Instructions:

1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add squash. Cook 15 minutes, remove and put in a food processor. Add noodles to boiling water.

2. Meanwhile, brown butter over medium heat until amber in color and it has a nutty scent. Add sage leaves, garlic and walnuts. Remove from heat in 30 seconds.

3. Remove sage leaves and place on paper towels to dry.

4. In food processor, puree squash. Add to butter mixture and stir well. Add fresh cracked pepper.

5. Toss with pasta, top with fresh parmesan and sage leaves :)

(image and text via coordinately yours)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leading Ladies

Five Things to Know About Bernadette Marie: 1. Trained and completed two degrees, an AAS in Communication Design and BFA in Textile S...