Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Write 15 Minutes A Day

I'm pretty sure it is long gone by now but when I was little, my most prized possession was a light pink Minnie Mouse journal. I kept it in my pajama drawer underneath my nightgowns so my sister would never find it. In it was the first story I ever wrote, it was about an otter and sea lion who were best friends, lyrics to a Brandy song (I had this obsession with Brandy at a ridiculously young age) and the list of people or rather things I would thank when I won an academy award, that list included my parents, my cat and my grandmother. 

I have been a writing stories and relieving my emotions in journals since I was practically a toddler. I've stored memories I no longer remember, I notice the wave on a page where tears have fallen and laugh at some of the first crushes I talk about in these entries. These journals live in box in the back of my closet if I ever want to revisit them. Whether you are a writer or not, get yourself a journal and spend fifteen minutes a day writing whatever is on your mind. Lists, good or bad days, all the concerts you've seen in your life, whatever you fancy, jot it down! It might make you laugh or tear up, the point is the power of writing helps relax your mind, it invigorate a little creativity and helps expand your imagination.  I recently came across this journal and want to get it for everyone :)

(image via)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leading Ladies

Five Things to Know About Bernadette Marie: 1. Trained and completed two degrees, an AAS in Communication Design and BFA in Textile S...