Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Free Time

For the first time in seven years, I will not have to think about school work and it feels all too wonderful. For the last several years I have been in one state of mind, worry; and even if in the end I got the high grade on an assignment, the anticipation and waiting for the professor's feedback has always made me nervous (I'm no Einstein but hard work and dedication has gotten me to this point and I'm extremely proud of myself for making it this far)! So here it is, the end of the road and I seriously cannot believe that my collegiate years are almost over. I thought it would be a huge relief and for the most it is, but now that I have a pretty good nine to five job and all this free time ahead of me, what do I do now? Honestly, I'm worried about wasted time, my biggest fear is not fulfilling all the things I want to do in my life. I made a promise to myself in high school that I will live with no regrets, I intend on keeping that promise. 

All I have known in my life is academics and while I have entertained the idea for going for another degree, the possibilities and opportunities that lie in the unknown of my future is kind of exciting. I really don't see myself just being this one thing, I love my job but being a librarian is not the only thing that defines me. I'm interested in so many things, it's a matter of figuring out what means the most to me and going for it and not being afraid. What do you do in your free time? What are the important things in your life? Don't live in regret, go after what you love and pursue it, there's no greater feeling than passion. We need more passionate people in the world. Don't settle people, you owe yourself to be great

(image via just you wait)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leading Ladies

Five Things to Know About Bernadette Marie: 1. Trained and completed two degrees, an AAS in Communication Design and BFA in Textile S...