Sunday, October 18, 2015

Early Bird

Id like to say that I'm both a night owl and an early bird. I love the end of the day and winding down but lately I've been hitting the sheets pretty early and waking up before the sun even rises. I've always been an early bird, the earliest memories I have being up before everyone else include waking up to watch Mr. Wizard's World and opening everyone's easter's baskets once when I was six or seven. And even though it takes hitting the snooze button a few times, I'm usually up by 6:15 to start my morning walk. My morning ritual hasn't changed much in the last ten years and I'd like to think I have a fairly productive morning. Here are a few tips to help make the most of your morning! 

Before I started walking in the morning, I couldn't do anything until I ate breakfast. And breakfast in my house does not include cereal or a protein bar. I usually make some sort of veggie open faced omelette, right now it's a combination of  mushroom, tomato and feta cheese.

About two months ago, I woke up one day in the mood to get healthy and start exercising. I mix it up between swimming, walking and a little bit of yoga. Now three months into my routine, my morning doesn't start without hitting the pavement. (I swim on my days off)

With a fresh mind and good attitude (and because I don't know what life is like not being a student), I read. Whether it's for school, an article my mom or dad have emailed me about the resurgence of libraries or a new book that I've picked up from work or the closest B&N, I know whatever I read I can bring up in conversation later in the day. 

A coffee cup (or two) of warm water with lemon and a little bit of mint. It clears my mind, warms my body and makes me feel ready for the day. 

Lastly - and this one is the most important, I make the bed. On the weekends it may get done midday but during the week, it's the last thing I do before leaving the house for work. I cannot leave the house without it getting done. I did this even in college. I'd like to think the reason why so many people liked coming into my dorm room was because my sister and I kept it cleaned and organized all the time. So if you're one who doesn't do this, I promise you'll actually feel better once it's done. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leading Ladies

Five Things to Know About Bernadette Marie: 1. Trained and completed two degrees, an AAS in Communication Design and BFA in Textile S...