Sunday, October 11, 2015

Fall: Things to Do

There are so many things I love about the Fall Season but I'll spare you the list activities, wardrobe choices and movie marathons I typically talk about around this time of year. Instead, I'd like to suggest having a pumpkin carving party with your family and friends. Since Halloween is my favorite holiday, I love the idea of gathering around your closest friends, listening to classic halloweenish music like, I Put A Spell On You by Nina Simone and That Old Black Magic by Ella Fitzgerald (just a few of my favorite songs), feasting on appetizers, drinking bubbly, getting messy pulling out the seeds and spying on those who have mad carving skills. Each year I dig through the stencils that came with my mom's carving kit; last year it was a cat and the year before it was a haunted house scene. Halloween is just around the corner, time to start carving!!! 

(image via real simple)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leading Ladies

Five Things to Know About Bernadette Marie: 1. Trained and completed two degrees, an AAS in Communication Design and BFA in Textile S...