Tuesday, March 15, 2016

The Librarian Suggests

What I'm Reading: Collections of short stories and essays. I just recently finished, I Was Told There'd Be Cake by Sloane Crosley. This woman is a genius, maybe my favorite writer at the moment. It was fantastic, as soon as I put it down I ordered The Clasp  (which I cannot wait to get my hands on). I just started reading, Single, Carefree and Mellow by Katharine Heiny. I love everything about her characters. How this book found me I cannot remember, but I definitely picked it up at the right moment. It speaks to me on so many levels. Also 750 Years in Paris by Vincent Mahe is a beautifully illustrated account of one building's transformation from Medieval Paris to present. I read Make Good Art by Neil Gaiman in twenty minutes, buy it!!!! Do not borrow it or get it from the library, BUY IT!!!

What I'm Listening Too: Music or Podcasts first?! Well ok, since I cannot shut up about Pacific Northwest Stories, I hope you are already listening to The Black Tapes and Tanis. Tanis maybe better than The Black Tapes, which I listen to over and over. Mystery, conspiracy and history, what is there not to love!!! After six years, Corinne Bailey Rae has finally released her first single (Been to the Moon) from her new album, The Heart Speaks in Whispers. It comes out in May, so pre-order it now.

What I'm Watching: Lately, I have been tuning into Amazon's Original Shows like Mozart in the Jungle and The New Yorker Presents. Come Tuesday evening, I have to watch The New Yorker Presents before I get started on school related projects. (Other things I'm watching: The Nanny)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leading Ladies

Five Things to Know About Bernadette Marie: 1. Trained and completed two degrees, an AAS in Communication Design and BFA in Textile S...