Five Things You Probably Didn't Know: Barcelona
1. There are two stories about the founding of Barcelona. One version claims the city was founded by Hercules, 400 years before the building of Rome.
2. Barcelona is to thank for World Book Day.
3. The Sagrada Familia has taken longer to build the Great Pyramids. It is still incomplete!
4. Barceloneta beaches are artificial. They were built for the Summer Olympics in 1992.
5. Barcelona has 12 abandoned metro stations and they are haunted.
Bonus: Flamenco is a very popular dance form in Spain. But, in Barcelona it is not so popular and people don’t appreciate it as much as in the rest of the Spain. They prefer contemporary rock-n-roll.