Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Things I'm Into This Week






I've been following the Betches for at least a year, I've read their books and subscribe to their newsletter. Even though I get most of my daily news from The Skimm, The Betches provide a hilarious approach to the news. So do yourself a favor and subscribe to The Sup

I'm currently reading The Badass Librarians of Timbuktu, and I can't tell you how much I've leaned about the history and current state of The Middle East. It's a fascinating and intellectual read but it has that Indiana Jones adventurousness to it, so it makes it all the better. A true story based on  academics and local families racing on camels (literally) to save and preserve their history and culture against losing it all. I'm following them in every capacity I can and can't wait to finish this so I can start The Storied City.  

This french shoe brand is everything!

It shouldn't be all that surprising that I like to read about all things British. If you're a nerd like me and you have a thing for Victorian England, the queen mother herself, indulge in Queen Victoria's journals :)

I'm surprised I've only read about 75% of what I should have read by now. Have you read these children's classics? I've made it my fall challenge to read through this gigantic list of children's classic literature. Have I mentioned I've never read the Chronicles of Narnia? Are there any other children's librarians who haven't read this series. I really hope I'm not alone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leading Ladies

Five Things to Know About Bernadette Marie: 1. Trained and completed two degrees, an AAS in Communication Design and BFA in Textile S...