Tuesday, December 19, 2017

My Best Buys of 2017

 Girls Night In Take Care Journal - I subscribed to the Girls Night In newsletter months ago. I can't tell you how much I look forward to Friday mornings. In fact I usually head into work early so I can relax, indulge with a blueberry bagel and catch up with all the coziness that is bundled up in this newsletter. They recently opened their shop and I was quick to buy myself a few things. As I mentioned last week about my 2018 goals, this self care journal is already filled with notes and ideas on how I want to take better care myself. 
Nash Mini Waffle Iron - Six or seven months ago, I found this light pink mini waffle irons in a Home Goods. I snatched it right up before someone else did. I don't use it all the time but whenever I'm feeling I need something sweet, I love making cinnamon roll waffles for a weekend. It makes the entire house smell so good. If you don't make waffles a ton, this little mini is the perfect gift for yourself or your friends.  
 Patricia Nash Anita Heels - For my birthday last month my mom introduced me to the designer, Patricia Nash. I don't love everything but the Anita Heel, which comes in a few colors are my favorite shoes, maybe ever. With a chunky heel, it can be worn with just about anything. 
 iTunes Streaming Service - If you have been following me since the beginning then you know that I'm a music fiend. I literally listen to everything so I'm constantly making playlists, whether its classical, show tunes, foreign artists or 90s rap, I always have music playing. Last month, I finally set up the subscription for the streaming service iTunes provides and I love it. I'm been listening to the 80s playlist nonstop. 
 Jade Eye Roller - So how do you use it? Store it in the fridge before use. Apply eye cream under your eyes or directly on the smaller end of your roller. Rolling the cream helps the eye cream penetrate better. And while you're at it, use the larger end of the roller on the rest of your face. It sounds ridiculous but believe it feels amazing and if you're someone like me who gets the puffy eye look, you will love this!
Book of the Month - Have you seen the Book of the Month commercial? It's fantastic! This goes without saying, but I seriously can't wait to get my book box every second week of the month. This month I chose a debut YA author choice, The City of Brass and I can't wait to start it. A conwoman,  the crumbling streets of Eighteenth century Cairo, yes please! It's the oldest book club in the states, so do yourself a favor and sign up :)
 Bando Agenda/Planner - Anyone who knows me well, knows that I have a problem with Bando. I mean at this point, I should probably just work with the company. I own close to everything (not really) and I know the company inside and out. I follow them in every capacity and well Jen Gotch is my hero. If you live in chaos and need a planner, then you need one from Bando. Filled with stickers, wacky holidays to remember and ideas for a more fulfilling week, get it! 
 TonyMoly Face Masks - My sister introduced this brand to me when we moved in together at the beginning of the year and ever since then, I wear one almost every night. I buy them in bulk, so by the time I'm ready to get in the bath, I can chill out and listen to my podcasts in peace. Seriously, this is probably my favorite thing I've bought this year.  
 Here We Are Now by Oliver Jeffers - There are many reasons why Oliver Jeffers is one of my favorite children's authors/illustrators. He's Irish (I don't know why that's important, but it is), everyone of his stories is unique, the illustrations are stunning and his books really make you think. "From land and sky, to people and times, these notes can be your guide and start you on your journey. You'll figure lots of things out for yourself. Just remember to leave notes for everyone else..." This book is not just meant for children, it's an excellent reminder (and leaves an important message) for adults as well. 
Women's Velour Jogger Sweatpants - I can't be the only to notice that Target has upped it's game in the clothing department. Brands like A New Day and Joy Lab, are two of my favorite brands to shop at the super store right now. Long time Target brand Mosimo has multiple colors in the velour sweatpants and I can't get enough of these. Comfy, cozy, chic - that's all I need. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leading Ladies

Five Things to Know About Bernadette Marie: 1. Trained and completed two degrees, an AAS in Communication Design and BFA in Textile S...