Wednesday, May 16, 2018

This Summer

This time last year, I started a quarterly goal setting series. We talked about things like memorizing and reading more poems, watching less television and other small intentions. Now that I'm in my thirties and have a career (and in just a matter of a few weeks I'll have a new little niece or nephew), it's about slowing down and enjoying the things I have. When I graduated from college almost ten years ago, I hit the ground running. I felt behind in life so the first job I took I became obsessive and inevitably turned into a workaholic. I said yes to everything, my life became my job and pleasing others was way more important than my health and well being. Most of my twenties were a blur. 

 Now that I am entering a new decade, I want to be able to live a more meaningful life and to be happy with myself. The other night as I lay restless in bed a memory from college popped into my head. I was walking back to my dorm room after class one grey and chilly afternoon, I couldn't have been more happy, I had finally figured out my major and made some real friends, I told myself no matter where you end up in life, remember to be kind, ambitious and happy. It's taken a little while to sort out my priorities, but now that I'm in a good place, I'm ready to live a more fulfilling life. Check in tomorrow to see my first goal for the summer! 

(image)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leading Ladies

Five Things to Know About Bernadette Marie: 1. Trained and completed two degrees, an AAS in Communication Design and BFA in Textile S...