Saturday, June 23, 2012

Finding My Place

BEFORE
And AFTER losing 30 pounds!!!!!!
For the past three and half months I've had mixed feelings about sharing my weight-loss story. I didn't know if I was ready to share with the world that I had gained weight in college, (which is not so secret, as many college students go through this experience for whatever their reason may be) I was ashamed and depressed but as soon as I got out of school, found a job and started making a life of my own, I wanted to change other areas of my life, like eating and exercising. My family use to joke with me, "I don't understand how you're not a toothpick Sarah, you actually like healthy food," I wanted to say them yeah I do like healthy food but I feel like crap so I'm gonna eat pizza and chocolate and whatever else I want. Hi there, I'm an emotional eater, how are you today?! 
This may sound totally silly, but for the past four/five years I've been living under a rock it seems. I had been in this dark lonely space for as long as I can remember and became way too introverted. However, at the dawn of this past year, something had changed, life if you will found its way back into my little soul! Inspiration and hope seemed to overcrowd all the negative things that were filling my mind and then all of a sudden my curiosity, my discipline, my zest for life had come back! I couldn't figure out where all these positive sources of energy were coming from until I realized it was from this here little blog and those of you who follow and leave such lovely messages. This little space I had created had helped me find the girl I used to be.   
 With my siblings finishing up college and graduate programs this past May, I made it my mission to lose thirty pounds by their graduations.  Of course I wanted to look good in all the family pictures at the ceremonies but more importantly I wanted to change my lifestyle, I wanted to change the way I approached my life in every possible way. So the first on the list was to tackle my weight, eating better and creating an exercise routine I actually enjoyed. In the end, whenever I feel tempted I think to myself and write this down: Why eat crap when you can eat better food?! Why be lazy and sit on your butt all day when the world is waiting for you to explore it! 
Lastly and maybe most importantly, when it came down to deciding that I'd write this post I felt I owed it to "Sit and Stay A While" and to all of you who follow, comment or stumble across my page. When I started this blog, I had no idea of the direction it was headed...but somewhere along my weight-loss journey I figured out this little creative outlet has become a place for me to hopefully inspire you to live a happy and healthy life, whatever that maybe for you. And in return, you have taught me, inspired and shared with me your lives and let me tell you, it puts a HUGE smile on my face at the end of the day! 

P.S. This is the longest post I will ever write, as much you all detest reading lengthy posts, I don't like writing them. However, this one has been a long time in the making. Plus you all deserve a massive hug and thank you from me!!!

Live with passion, purpose and inspiration!!!!

5 comments:

  1. You look incredible!! We're so happy you shared -- and we are loving your photos from the Huntington! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look awesome Sarah. I'm glad you found your happy :) thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a transformation! You look great! If you want to, I think it would be nice to share healthy tips that you have implemented in your diet on this site.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will definitely be writing posts on that subject!

      Delete
  4. well wow - what an incredible journey you've been on and you look wonderful - congrats on your healthy choices and love that blogging let's you share not only this story but all you inspirations.

    ♥ ThankFifi

    ReplyDelete

Leading Ladies

Five Things to Know About Bernadette Marie: 1. Trained and completed two degrees, an AAS in Communication Design and BFA in Textile S...