Sunday, June 24, 2012

Day Trips

Huntington Library (their actual residence during
the twenties)
a little jane austen is always a good thing.
my sweet new bookmark!
cindermaid (aka cinderella) depicted in tile...
by a german artist whose name i cannot pronounce.
wishing well chalk art, people throwing their 
change as they walk by.
been thinking about honey walnut shrimp all day!
pinkberry happy!
In continuing my summer series this week I thought I'd start with the week off talking about day trips. And even though I'm wishing I were somewhere in the Caribbean basking in the sun and swimming all day in the clear blue ocean, I'm baking here in the desert. So, this past weekend I convinced my folks to celebrate Father's Day by planning a day trip to San Marino (which is just inland of Los Angeles) and checking out the Huntington Library, turns out they LOVED it! We spent the day touring the grounds, checking out the gardens (which by the way there's like four or five), visiting the most unbelievable library room I've ever seen and walked the grand halls of what used to be the Huntington's winter residence and admired nineteenth century french art!  We finished our day strolling the streets of old downtown Pasadena enjoying and admiring The Chalk Art Festival and eating Chinese. But of course when my eyes caught the Pinkberry, there was no way I could resist myself! So I treated myself to mango yogurt with kiwi and blueberries!    

What do you think of my trusty little bookmark?! 
A. It's leather, and B. The scene is from The Canterbury Tales: classic!!!

1 comment:

  1. love all the photos. looks like you had the best time! that mango yogurt pinkberry looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Leading Ladies

Five Things to Know About Bernadette Marie: 1. Trained and completed two degrees, an AAS in Communication Design and BFA in Textile S...