Thursday, June 6, 2013

When in Maine

Summer to me means taking spontaneous road trips, living in your swimsuit, staying up late, making s'mores, swimming and being outdoors all day long. Years ago I spent my summers going to camp on the east coast and got the chance to fall in love with the New England culture and the natural beauty of the Maine coastline. Getting the chance to live in in the small town of Denmark for nearly three months for a few summers was the chance of a lifetime and I tried to embrace close to every moment of that experience.   If there was one thing I'll always remember and appreciate about those long lost summers, the canoe trips outweigh everything else. During my last year on my last trip, I"ll never forget as we were setting up camp and situating our sleeping bags in the lean-to the sun was fading beneath the trees behind the river and the most incredible rain and thunder storm far off in the distance began to form.  I thought to myself that I had never seen something so amazing or beautiful over the glistening and still water we had spent the day canoeing in. If there's one thing you should add to your bucket list, add canoeing to it!!!

(image via spring)  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leading Ladies

Five Things to Know About Bernadette Marie: 1. Trained and completed two degrees, an AAS in Communication Design and BFA in Textile S...