Thursday, October 17, 2013

Spooktacular Projects

Earlier in the week I participated in helping build and design the entrance to the haunted house at the local Boys and Girls Club. I've recently joined the National Junior League Association and have just started my initiation process here in the desert. With a calender of events, socials and community service projects I jumped at the idea of working on a haunted house. Walking into the Halloween section at Michael's, I could have easily spent over $200 buying creepy decorations but I refrained myself for not knowing what age group would be attending the spooktacular event in just a few weeks. In the end, the project was a fun experience; getting to meet and  learn about the officers of the group and work on something halloween related couldn't have been a better fit for me. Check out the local events and projects in your home town and volunteer to build a haunted mansion! 

(image via martha stewart

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leading Ladies

Five Things to Know About Bernadette Marie: 1. Trained and completed two degrees, an AAS in Communication Design and BFA in Textile S...