Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Giving Back


Top Ten Bucket List Items:
 Spend Thanksgiving giving back and serving at a local soup kitchen. I was first introduced to the idea of community service while attending catholic school in elementary and middle school. This idea of giving back stayed with me well into high school, college and beyond. During my collegiate years it took me a while to figure out what it was I was in search of, who could I personally help and how could I make a difference in someone's life (because really I wanted to save the world, who doesn't?) It wasn't until I began my degree in anthropology and focused on world hunger when I started learning and hearing about the FEED organization started by Lauren Bush Lauren and her mission to feed the less fortunate, a cause I've become a big advocate of. Once I finished school and made my way back to California, I decided I wanted to spend my Thanksgiving giving back to those who need a warm meal most, Martha's Kitchen. How are you spending your Thanksgiving this year?! 

(image via)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leading Ladies

Five Things to Know About Bernadette Marie: 1. Trained and completed two degrees, an AAS in Communication Design and BFA in Textile S...