Wednesday, June 18, 2014

The Daily Escape

In the last two books I've read from my colossal summer reading list, parts of the stories take place in the romantic city of Amsterdam. I simply couldn't help thinking about my adventures in the colorful Dutch capital. Reading through, my memory took me back to 2005 when I traveled through several northern European countries with family friends and classmates. Driving in late one evening I could not wait to see the city via the canals and I'm pretty sure I exhausted everyone, visiting the Anne Frank House was a must (without exaggeration, I've read the definitive edition of Anne's diary at least ten times in middle/high school). From boat tours, picking diamond rings to be handmade at the diamond factories and spending hours at the Anne Frank House (and The Van Gogh Museum) the experience is one I'll never forgot and only wish to get back there someday. Where are you dreaming of heading to this summer? 

(image via top inspired) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leading Ladies

Five Things to Know About Bernadette Marie: 1. Trained and completed two degrees, an AAS in Communication Design and BFA in Textile S...