Thursday, June 12, 2014

Beach or Lakeside

Now that summer is here to stay, I hope you have the next three months packed with lazy days, hours of pool time and vacations you can't wait to take. Summer brings back many memories, road trips to Idaho with the family, enjoying the Fourth of July at the beach, spending hours digging for sand crabs, popsicles galore, movies in the park and spending the afternoon at the library. I hope you enjoy a little time off and treat yourself with something nice, something as small as an snow cone or taking a little trip to somewhere you've never been.
  
Beach or Lakeside
Coming from the California desert, the summers of my youth were spent near the beaches in San Diego. Year after year, our family would retreat to our designated spot at the park and Children's beach in La Jolla, where we built sandcastles five feat from sea lions, spent the day searching for sand dollars and making a race track for the crabs we caught. As much as I love the beach and consider myself a true California Beach Girl, but when I lived in Indiana, I most definitely fell for the quiet little lake towns. Strolling the banks admiring the beautiful mansionesque lake homes, enjoying the light cool breeze, walking the intimate streets of downtown and making new friends with the locals, these are the things that make summer. So which do you prefer the beach or lake?

Cocktail or Wine:
When it was time to move to Indiana to start college, I was completely unprepared when drinking became the topic of conversation. Being a freshman and as close to poor as you can get, you didn't have much of a choice. It was all about cheap beer and getting smashed. This however was not my style, especially coming from a home where alcohol was nearly nonexistent.  Through my last years of college and up until this point, my drink of choice has consistently remained Gin and Tonic/Rum and Coke, that was until I was introduced to wine. Now that summer is here, I'm ready to kick off the season with a nice bottle of Rose or making a delicious pitcher of Sangria. 

Bikini or One Piece: 
Living in a place where the temperature reaches triple digits in the summer, you would think that I'd live in a swimsuit just to stay cool. Oddly enough, I've never been one to own more than three swimsuits or have an entire drawer dedicated to swim appropriate gear, that is my sister. Maybe because the fact that I'm short and quite curvy, I've never been a fan of the hip hugging bikinis, so I prefer one pieces that flatter my curves. Waist high bikinis, now we're talking! With one piece (this one is still my favorite) suits and high waist bikinis in style this season, I just may need a shopping day to find the perfect suit :) What about you?

(image via glitter guide)  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leading Ladies

Five Things to Know About Bernadette Marie: 1. Trained and completed two degrees, an AAS in Communication Design and BFA in Textile S...