Wednesday, September 24, 2014

The Rules of Fall [Part Two]

Although the official first day of fall was yesterday, the leaves are not changing colors and I'm still sporting shorts and the last of my summer dresses. And while my sister talks of dressing in scarves and tights in New York, I'm waiting for the season to settle here in the desert. While I sit here and wait, I'll just start making my list of things I want to do and places I want to see when Autumn finally comes around. 

1. Now that I'm on my own and have full reign of the kitchen, I am more than excited to get to know my pots and pans and try my hand at a few recipes, number one an apple pie. I'm not a big apples for desert kind of girl, but something about apple pie and vanilla bean ice cream just sounds so perfect for this time of year.

2. Ever since I can remember, I've always enjoyed getting ready for the annual marathon of my favorite show once it hits mid August.  A bowl of peppered popcorn, a bag of Peanut Butter M&M's my favorite slippers and cozy robe, I'm all set. Ready to find a new show and share my tradition of tv binging and getting cozy with my guy is something I'm really looking forward too. 

3. Take a drive down your favorite road, blast the radio (in this case a playlist I specifically made that goes with this season), sip your pumpkin spice latte, enjoy the changing leaves, the crisp Autumn air and be one hundred percent in the moment. 

4. Treat yourself to a fall scented candle like this one from Anthropologie and/or a berry lipstick. 

5. After getting my first work shirt this week (it's very plain, it simply asks what are you reading in very bright colors), I was inspired to start a small reading club called just that, What Are You Reading? There's no one specific book to talk about and do not feel you have to committed, I'm just curious as to what everyone is reading. 

(image via of hearth and home)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leading Ladies

Five Things to Know About Bernadette Marie: 1. Trained and completed two degrees, an AAS in Communication Design and BFA in Textile S...