Wednesday, January 14, 2015

The Eye Has to Travel



I love the quote by the Dalai Lama that goes "Once a year, go someplace you've never been before." I think it is really important in life to travel, to see the world and go somewhere that it is completely foreign, whether it be India or Ohio. When I decided to go to Indiana for college, so many people were surprised, really, Indiana? They asked if there was a particular reason and I explained that I wanted to experience something different than California. I was young, I had no attachments to California and was anxious to live somewhere new.  The curiosity for traveling though came at a much younger age. I was fortunate that my parents were always wanting to go somewhere exciting when my siblings and I were young. It's where my philosophy that learning goes way behind the classroom. You must get out in the world and experience another culture, another language, different food and being among the locals. Here's a shortened list of the a much larger one of all the countries I'd like to visit.

My Top Ten: 
Turkey
Scotland
Ireland
Germany
India
Spain
Russia
Greece
Czech 
Italy


(1,2,3)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leading Ladies

Five Things to Know About Bernadette Marie: 1. Trained and completed two degrees, an AAS in Communication Design and BFA in Textile S...