Tuesday, August 11, 2015

The Librarian Suggests

What I'm Reading: For being the Harry Potter nerd that I am, I have not read the small Hogwarts Library collection that includes: Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, The Tales of Beedle the Bard and Quidditch Throug the Ages. So last week I checked them all out and have finished two of the three. The Tales of Beedle the Bard is without a doubt my favorite. But I'm also really liking and looking forward to the movie adaptation of Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them with Eddie Redmayne as Newt Scamander next year :) I'm also reading World Without Fish and have been encouraging kids to check out all the copies we have. A fantastically illustrated juvenile non-fiction book that educates and informs kids of what is happening to our oceans and what they can do about it. What I'm listening too: I've been listening to the podcast Rosie and Jessica's Day of Fun for awhile now. Ever since frequent guest and librarian, Margaret H. Willison  mentioned their show on NPR's Pop Culture Happy Hour, I have been tuning in to the duo that is Rosie and Jessica. A show structured around the girls latest favorites in books, tv shows, movies, lists of every kind and what they're making, cooking and finding on the internet. What I'm watching: I Capture the Castle, which is based on the novel of the same name by Dodie Smith (who you know as being the author of 101 Dalmatians!!). A simple, tragic but lovely story about a struggling family living in a decaying castle in 1930s England. I don't know if Rose Byrne is just a terrible actress or if I just hate every role she plays. What are you reading, listening too and watching?

(image via home edit)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leading Ladies

Five Things to Know About Bernadette Marie: 1. Trained and completed two degrees, an AAS in Communication Design and BFA in Textile S...