Sunday, July 17, 2016

Do Your Thing

I use to dread going home after work because that meant getting back online and entering the classroom. There was nothing soothing about my evening. Dinner was always rushed and falling asleep while reading for an assignment was a regular occurrence. It's barely been two months since graduating and I already feel like a completely different person. I still have a lot to work on and I constantly have to remind myself to relax with my constantly busy schedule whether its work/blog related or trying to structure a productive evening. I realize now that time is precious and I don't want to waste a minute of it, so going with the flow is a little more than challenging during the week.

When I come home, I leave everything at the front door -  my keys, my shoes and whatever anxieties I have about work. I found a routine that works for me and acts like a meditation without closing my eyes and crossing my legs. After I kick off my shoes and think about the joy mentioned in Marie Kondo's book, The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up, my mind is at ease. I head straight for the pool and kick back, I've read more books in the last two months than I've read in a year, I work on puzzles, I am way more conscious about what I eat, I've cleared out my entire apartment and the floors have never looked so clean or spacious. Coming home and looking into corners or spots where I used to pile up my belongings, it really elevates my mood, I'm not kidding!  Having time to find yourself and do the things you love is more than important, it's essential to leading a happy and healthy life. Now, when the work day is over, I can't wait to get home and do my thing.

(image)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leading Ladies

Five Things to Know About Bernadette Marie: 1. Trained and completed two degrees, an AAS in Communication Design and BFA in Textile S...